There is a lot to glean from the footage of the 6v6 VIP Escort match, which takes place on a new map set in Miami, and follows DougisRaw as they attempt to stop the enemy VIP from reaching an extraction point. Here’s everything we noticed:
- The four starting classes are Stealth Ops, Pointman, Grenadier, Fire Support and Double Agent.
- Weapons have five attachment slots and level-based progression.
- Some weapons shown in the footage include the XM4, the AK-74u, the M16 and the Gallo SA12 Shotgun.
- Every loadout has a Tactical, Lethal and Field Upgrade slot, which is filled by the ‘Field Mic’ equipment in this footage.
- Perks include Tactical Mask, Flak Jacket, Quartermaster, Scavenger, Ninja and Ghost.
- Every loadout has a ‘Wildcards’ slot that lets players modify their loadout. One custom class features a wildcard called ‘Perk Greed’ which appears to let players take two perks per section.
- Another Wildcard called ‘Danger Close’ looks as if it provides double tactical and lethal grenades.
- It looks like multiplayer maps open with a quick cinematic – in this case, the team jumps out of a van.
- Players only have one life each and can be incapacitated and revived in VIP Escort – the match ends when a team wins four rounds.
- Each player has a visual health bar that gets depleted as they’re shot.
- The two factions in this particular mission are known as the CIA and the DGI.
- The round ends with a montage of the ‘Best Play’ of the game.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Campaign Screenshots
In other Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War news, check out this Nvidia RTX On trailer for the game that showcases ray-traced graphics. The release date for the game’s PS4 beta was leaked recently due to the Call of Duty: WW2 in-game storefront.
The full game will launch later this year on November 13 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, with next-gen versions of the game coming at a later date.
Jordan Oloman is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow him on Twitter.