Those playing Cyberpunk 2077 should be aware that if their save files get above 8MB, they may become permanently corrupt and unusable.
“Unfortunately the save is damaged and can’t be recovered,” The statement reads. “Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials. If you have used the item duplication glitch, please load a save file not affected by it. The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way.”
GOG.com saying that it “might be increased in future patches” may not be the best of news for those who love to collect everything and wish to craft a ton.
Redditor modsharearebattyboys shared the ways players can check their current save files, and they are as follows;
- PC – %userprofile%Saved GamesCD Projekt RedCyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 4 – Settings > Application Saved Data Management > SAVED DATA IN SYSTEM STORAGE > Cyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 5- Settings > STORAGE > [Storage device] >Saved Data > PS4 Games / PS5 Games > Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox One – My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game > SAVED DATA
- Xbox Series X|S – My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game and add-ons > SAVED DATA
While this may not impact everyone, it’s something to keep an eye on. Even though this particular issue was not tackled in Hotfix 1.05 that was just released, many other bugs and glitches were addressed that should make for a smoother experience.
For more on Cyberpunk 2077, check out our opinion piece on how Cyberpunk deserved better and how players can get refunds if they are not happy with their experience.
Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to email@example.com.