As of February 25th, Outriders will have a free demo available to all platforms (excluding Google Stadia) that allows players to get a taste of what the game will be like when it launches on April 1st, 2021.
This page contains a list of details about the demo, tips for players, and links to walkthrough sections for the Prologue and Opening Act of the game that are featured in the demo.
The Outriders demo will be available on February 25th on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and GeForce NOW.
- Availability: February 25th through launch and beyond
- Demo Accessibility: The Outriders Demo is available to all players, even those who have not preordered the game.
- Length of Demo: The demo features the Prologue for the game, as well as part of the game’s opening act, consisting of several main quests and a few side quests that can be found during or after the main questline.
- Limits to Outriders Demo: Players will be able to choose from any of the four classes, Devastator, Pyromancer, Technomancer, or Trickster. Players will also have up to six character slots, and can level any character up to level 7, unlocking their classes‘ fourth ability and two skill points.
A Map of the playable opening act of the Outriders Demo
In addition, players will also be able to manually enable cross-platform play (though the feature is still in beta), to play with others on any of the platforms the game is available on. Any progress made on any character will be transferred over to the main game when it launches. The crafting system is not available during the demo.
While Outriders shares many similarities to both RPGs and “looter shooters”, there are several unique aspects worth knowing about, whether you’ve played similar games or not:
- Healing in Outriders is mainly accomplished by aggressively using your chosen classes‘ abilities. Each class can gain health in different ways that also align with their playstyle. Understanding how your character heals is important, just as knowing that simply hiding behind cover and taking careful shots won’t always get the job done.
- Difficulty in Outriders is largely influenced by the World Tier. As you level up and explore, you’ll unlock additional World Tiers from the level 0 you have at the start. Each consecutive World Tier will offer better chances for rewards – but more difficult enemies. If you’re having trouble, check your current World Tier to see if things can be lowered – and if you’re not having any luck finding good loot, raise the tier!
- You can enjoy all of the Outriders Demo playing solo, but know that drop-in, drop-out co-op is also available for teams of 3 to take on harder challenges.
- While the game supports crossplay, the feature is currently in a beta state, and you will need to manually enable it in the options menu. Once enabled, you can request a cross-play Game Code to share with friends on other platforms so they can join your team by selecting the Join a Game Using a Code option, and then using the supplied Game Code.
- Side Quests are available in the demo – some can be found as you explore off the beaten path where the main story after the Prologue takes you, while some will only unlock after you have completed certain story events.
- Each Class has quick recharging abilities, often with cooldowns of less than 20 seconds. Use these as often as possible, as they will come in handy for dealing large damage, controlling groups of enemies, healing, and more!
- Look for enemies that will try to throw grenades from behind cover. If you can take a quick shot at them as they stand up, you can cause them to drop their grenade and explode themselves.
- All Classes can use any type of weapons you find, but be sure to look at the skills your class can take advantage of, as some may boost certain types of close-range or support-style weapons.
- While you can’t craft in the demo, you can start disassembling gear to gain materials. Since your progress carries over to the main game, you can ensure you’ll have lots of resources to work with.
- Each Class has three main skill trees that alter your playstyle slightly. Take the time to see which one has the skills that reflect what you like to do best, and note where you can double dip down into other trees to get a few extra skills along the way.
This section will contain links to the walkthrough for the Outriders Demo, including the Prologue and opening act, and any side quests available in the demo area.
This section is in progress, stay tuned for updates!