Welcome to the Things to Do First page of the official IGN Wiki Guide and Walkthrough for Marvel’s Avengers on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Here, we’ll give you some greater starter tips and things that you need to do first when you start playing the game.
- Unlock the War Table: Start the campaign (save the Avenger’s initiative for later). It’s an obvious place to begin but completing the first few story missions will allow you to access the War Table, which is where you’ll find Drop Zone missions, War Zone missions, HARM Challenges, and the option to team up with a friend.
- Adjust Key Settings: If constant controller rumblings and shaking screens are creating a nauseating distraction, remember you can lower these in the settings.
- Keep an eye out for hidden bunkers within different maps: Many of the game’s larger maps feature hidden bunkers and you can find Vault Keys in them. Vault Keys unlock secret missions on the War Table for you to complete.
- Scavenge for resources: Resources are key to maxing out gear. Break these glowing crates to get them.
- Use tactical awareness often: This helps you get a sense of what’s around: from crates to movable objects and breakable doors. When in combat, this will tip you off to environmental explosives you can use to your advantage.
- Train your eye to look for glowing white lights: If something has a glowing white light on it, that means you can interact with it to hear your hero talk about said thing.
- Get in the habit of pressing R2/RT: The right trigger is how you counter, parry, and block in Marvel’s Avengers and learning this mechanic and the proper timing for it is essential to your success in the game.
- Get out of the habit of spamming through fights: It goes without saying but a strategic mix of melee, range attacks, and aforementioned parries will go a long way.
- Practice combat in HARM Rooms: These are rooms designed to put you through waves and waves of enemies. They’re great for trying out new builds, learning how new abilities work, and just generally getting better at combat.
- Spend skill points wisely: There are over four dozen skills to acquire in Marvel’s Avengers and there are some that we’d call essential to your experience early in the game. Head to our Best Skills wiki page to check out what we think the best skills are for each character.